I know that New Years resolutions are made and broken within a few months, some a few weeks and for people like me a few days. But I am going to make the same vow to you right now, and I am going to say the same thing I say every time, I can do this.
Seriously. I can do this.
I know that this year will be different though because instead of just saying I am going to do it, I am actually putting it in writing. This is something I have never done before. So for all my fellow bloggers, I am making a few resolutions for you right now. Afterwards, I would love to read some of yours, so please feel free to share them with me.
So here it goes….my 2013 resolutions….
1. I am going to finally let go of my past. I really need to move on with my life. Although this person will always mean a lot to me, I can’t be there for them the way they sometimes need me. I have finally started to move forward and I can’t let them hold me back from chance at happiness.
2. I am going to be a better daughter. My mom and I have lots of unresolved issues that we need to hash out, but I need to be patient with our huge differences and try to see things from her eyes.
3. I am going to work out more. I know that I say this one every year.
4. I am going to eat better. I am going to try to cut out my bad habits and pop consumption. I really need to do this. That shit is so bad for you, but my god I cannot stop.
5. I am going to study harder and more efficiently. I cannot rely on recognition and luck. I know I am pretty damn smart, but I need to focus and learn how to study better.
6. I am going to learn to discipline my daughter. I know that she tends to take advantage of me and I know that I always let her because I want to give her the life I never had. But I need to be her mom not her friend. I need to set more ground rules and follow through. I know this will be good for her in the end and good for us in the long run.
7. I need to let go of the little things. I get so mad over the stupidest shit and I can’t have that.
8. I want to learn how to cook. Yes, cook. I am a terrible cook and this year I want to be able to cook a full 3 course meal all on my own.
9. I want to volunteer more. I use to do it all the time when I was younger. As I got older, I slowed down a lot. But now I have more free time and I want to give back. There are so many people out there that don’t have anything. I want to give back. Everyone should at least once in their life.
10. Finally, I want to be a better me. I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and feel confident that I am living life to the fullest. No regrets and don’t look back.
Those are my resolutions. I hope that people makes some. Everyone should have some goals to work towards. It makes life worth living and something to strive for and work at. Life is difficult already. It may have its ups and it may have its down, but appreciate everything it has given you. For some people it’s stripped away so fast. People can be gone before you know it. Give people something to remember.